Cow in Religious Rituals
1. The cow is accepted as divine.
2. The day dawns with a worship of cow.
3. Worship and feeding of the cow is part of daily rituals.
4. The cow has precedence in festivals at home.
5. There are several festivals where the cow is prominent.
6. Many temples have cowsheds at the entrance, enhancing divine feelings.
7. Traditionally we have used Panchagavya to cleanse and purify.
8. God’s Deities are washed with milk, curd, and ghee.
9. For lighting holy lamp we use ghee. We also give an offering of ghee to deities.
10. Preparation of various offerings to God uses ghee and milk.
11. Butter is used in decorating deities.